Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feeling Weak Sometimes?

Tip#20 - You are Strong When You are Weak
One of the paradoxes of living a holy life is that even when feeling weak, one can be strong through grace. 2Corinthians 12:9-10 addresses this paradox. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong."

The weaker I am, the more I depend upon Christ for strength. Here is an example. My body has a chronic illness or two. Some might say that I am weaker because of this; but that is not the case at all. It is during those times of weakness that I rely most upon Jesus for my strength. Those are my times of greatest strength. I give up busyness and take on the simple life of prayer and meditation resulting in a strength that previously seemed unattainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment